Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday September 24th

Okay so today we visited Ashley who is a child we sponsor with Compassion International.
I am happy to say everything Compassion says happens actually happens over on this end, and more when you actually realize these kids are like the poorest of the poor slum kids. I don't really want to tell you every little thing we did with them. I think I'm just too baffled by all the situations.

Slum after slum after slum filled with little shacks, made from with metal pieces. Ugh. It breaks my heart. To see these precious little kids, half naked, playing in sewer water kills me. To walk by a boy curled up on the ground with nothing but a bottle of glue makes me turn away. Because I know Kate can't change any of there situations permanently, probably not even temporarily. Though, giving a kid a lollipop does help.

The sad thing is there's a church on literally every corner. And JUST like in our wonderful, over privileged AMERICA, so many of them really don't grasp the fact that they can just lean on Christ. That they can trust him.

God is seriously like the only thing these people need here. Ministry after ministry after couple after couple could attempt to help their lifestyles when really, all they need is the hope of the REAL Jesus Christ. Really Really...that's just it.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Wow. This is a really good post Kate! It made me sad. :(

Erin said...

By the way Kate, Bubba is Erin, haha I'm not sure how to change my name, lol

aerialview said...

Kate! I'm so glad you have this for all of us to keep up with you! I'm so so so encouraged by your enthusiasm! I have and will continue to pray for you on your journey. It's an awesome, awesome thing what God is doing in your life and in the lives of those you touch. Keep up the good work! See you when you get home.
Aspen

KAK said...

I knew that was you Erin!!!

It is awesome. Yes it is. Btw Aspen, did I ever respond to your email? I was just thinking..

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and the news you you will share form this life altering trip!
Love you
Mrs. Olson

Cheryl (Copper's Wife) said...

Kate - I didn't realize I've been missing all these great blog posts of yours! I'm all caught up now and, hopefully, will get the updates as you post them.

Your words are very moving!