Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday, September 27th

My first day of work. I love being at Agape.
It's a safe place, where you stick out like the dickens. Yet it's feeling like home.

I helped out Kristen in the first grade class today. It's quite a blessing they teach kids English from their first grades. (= Luckily, everyone adores me. It will be sad to leave this bunch of kidos.

The first graders need tutoring help so, so badly. And whether or not they like me saying this, they need more missionaries. Bad.

It's SO incredible, that in the short year and half that Agape has had their re-integration program, close to 250 boys are back living with their families. The best part about Agape though is the fact when they establish back that family relationship and figure out why the child ran away in the first place, they keep checking up. They don't just dump the kid back with the family and hope to not see them on the street. 250 boys from the streets back home! Crazy.

No comments: