Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thursday, September 30th

You wouldn't believe how sad I was to leave everything is Kisumu.
My first tears this trip came as I boarded the plane out of their and thought about how much I was leaving behind.
My dear old friends.
My new friends.
The boys who I so fell in love with. (William & Dancan especially)
The girls who need a bible study badly.
The 1st graders who I was able to tutor and wouldn't let me go.
The wonderful crazy people, the tuk tuks and pickies, the giant avacados, Esther's tea, the list goes on and on. I CAN NOT WAIT, to return next year. (=
Thanks, everyone for this opportunity.

But enough of my complaining, God has me where he wants me.

Amazing amazing Compassion visit today.
Loved it so much more than the first...
Apparently, I even got named as Dickson's "Buddie". Yes, I'm proud of it(=

Thankfully I slept most of the two hour drive both ways.

This family of eight we visited is living on two mud rooms, with no income, where the water is almost 2 1/2 miles away, each way. Single Mom.
I think it's way cool that the $50 we sent last year purchased two goats, which then reproduced and created three more, which, she can sell for Sh. 1500 each. Awesome.
Another $50 sent the year before that bought their family's only bed. It was amazing to see that at work.

Praying she can move her family off that land onto some "farmable" land where she can make a living. Pray for Josephine and Dickson with me.

1 comment:

Cheryl (Copper's Wife) said...

Love you, Kate! Love your heart for Africa, too.