Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday October 1st

"Today is a day to remember."
That's how our Compassion guide summed up today, filled with joy and amazing memories.

The six car ride was well worth it to meet Sylvia, the girl I sponsor with Compassion International.(compassion.com) If you've never heard of Compassion, it's WELL worth looking into...

I was sooo nervous getting there, I didn't know what in the world she was really like. What if we didn't click? What if there was some major thing wrong with her or the tour or her project?
What if, what if, what if!?? Well, thankfully I serve the King of "Don't Worry About It."

God comforted my soul and provided me with blessing after blessing of how the $38 I send every month REALLY DOES make a difference. Honestly, I have no idea how they help the kids that much on less than $40 per student.

My Sylvia's parents were never married, her dad ran away and her mom moved to Nairobi with two siblings. She now lives with her Grandma or "Nia-Nia" on her Uncle's 1/4 acre compound. I was so glad she didn't live in a slum
er Grandma was the best example ever of a hard-working

Looking at her file I could see anything and everything Compassion had ever given her family, because of meee! She didn't have a mattress to sleep on 2009 birthday, so the $20 I sent got her a Mattress. 2010 Birthday I sent them $20 for her and that bought two goats for Sylvia's family, hopefully by next year they'll have kids!

I was almost tackled by her aunt and grandmother's loving arms, they were overwhelmed that a kid would give of herself even though really, what am I missing, a new outfit each month??

If you've never considered sponsoring a child, or always pushed it to the side as just a "cool idea" now is your time.
Don't wait for that next teen that has the cash, or the rich parent with dough.
If God's calling you don't hesitate. He'll make it work.

No comments: