Sunday, November 14, 2010

Change the WORLD?!

I've been reading a book called "One Girl Can Change the World". Awesome book. Encouraging us not to be feminists but princesses for Christ here on earth. It's something that's always bugged me. Will my life make any difference? I want it too. I want my life to be bigger than just doing my school, getting good grades, excelling in my sport, getting a good job, find a good spouse ect.ect.ect. I want it to be MORE than the day in and day out selfishness of this world...and me. I want to change the world....who doesn't?

This week I've realized I don't NEED a superpower to change the world. I don't NEED billions of dollars to change the world. I don't NEED to live in Africa serving the poverty stricken people of this world to change the world.

I'll I need is to believe and be content in the God who will work all things out in HIS timing.
Hebrews 13:5 says "I Will NEVER leave you or forsake you". Believe in the God that says in 1st Corinthians 1:6-9 He will give us every spiritual gift we need when we need it. Trust the God who can lift us up on wings like Eagles making us run and never grow weary (Isaiah 40:31)

I CANNOT "change the world" all by myself. I CAN change the world for Christ, one person at a time. So can you.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kate, thank you for posting this! I completely identify and agree with you, and I needed to hear this. Thank you, and I hope God uses you to change the world in a way that you could never even dream of!

Hannah Grace