Monday, December 12, 2011

Nairobi.

It's hard to describe the schedule of events that you would call the "last couple of days."
From running around packing, and unpacking to save weight, to traveling to San Francisco Airport, to the crazy 12 hour ride to Frankfurt Germany, to Istanbul Turkey and then Nairobi, Kenya. And that schedule was just one group of KJs. The Holy Spirit went before our very steps and gave us people that either graciously showed us the way or painstakingly taught us a lesson.

Team Turkey Crashes in Frankfurt!



Today is Monday, we are off to visit some old friends, the Johnson's, and their orphanage here in Nairobi. We are 11 hours ahead of CA and still extremely sleep deprived and confused.

I am clinging to Christ. His Jesus music keeps me running. His words through Paul in the book of Galations  help me realize who I am. Who we as 10 strong are. And who are we? We are hopeless sinners. Rebels. Evil doers. Lost puppies with no innocence.


Thanks be to God forever and ever for His love and constant salvation that saves us again and again.


We are no longer Ten2Kenya we are TenInKenya! Ten very white, very obvious, and very Christ driven westerners.


Nairobi, Kenya


We walk by faith and not by sight because  nothing is certain.
You miss us? Good. But we are doing nothing spectacular. We are still on the same earth you are trying to do what we think we can do to further Christ's kingdom. Your mission in America is no less than ours.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss you! Praying for you!

Chloe said...

Hehehe you all look soo touristy :p Pryn for you :)
Sounds like you had a very long trip over.

PamelaCollen said...

Miss you Kate! You are in my prayers! Keep us updated, I love reading what you're doing!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate this is RaeAnna and I just wanted to say I love and miss you very much. I wanted to let you know that event though its sad to have you gone that I am so happy that you took a leap of faith and are in Africa and that you love God so much! I think you are so incredible and brave to do this!! Praying for you!!

Agape {Love Defined} said...

Ohhh it makes me happy to think of you guys finally making it to Nairobi safely. I love you all so much and I love love love love love that last picture of you and Charlie. Kiss him and Gracie for me.
::mwah::
Keepin' you all in my prayers.
-Anniboo

The Girl with the Red Lenses said...

Praying for you and miss you like crazy!!

Katie Magee said...

Hey Kate! I'm sponsoring 5 Agape boys and your mom sent me your blog link. Just caught up on all the posts and it was SO insane to read how God is working in your life...literally can't believe you're 15 hahah. I read my old xanga/blog thing that I had when I was 15 and felt pathetic. Anyway praying for the boys and your fam in Kenya! Praying a lot. Live radically and love those kids!! Our God is such a good God. ps updateeeee please!!