Sunday, January 9, 2011

Prayer can....

“Thus says the Lord who made the earth, the Lord who formed it to establish it—the Lord is his name: Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.


I've given up facebook until May 2011. Why? In 2010 I spent more time on fb than with the incredible being that created me. Absolutely, utterly, incredibly pathetic. Every time I think I'd be on facebook right now I go and pray instead, pray for you...and you probably don't even know it. In a week my relationship with God has shot through the roof. He's gone from my friend, to my lover. All because I've been spending more time with him in a dark closet. Prayer does powerful things.

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.


Yes, I might be a little insane, but God is the best thing that's ever been mine.
Please comment with a prayer request. I want to pray for you, now. If you don't want to comment than email me. Classicallykate[at]gmail.com. Text me. (209) 602.2128.

If I had cherished iniquity in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened.
But truly God has listened;
he has attended to the voice of my prayer.
—Psalm 66:18-19

I want God to work through me in your life. I'm not asking for drama, or gossip...I just want to be here for you. Mk? Love you friends.

But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
~Matthew 6:6

This is a challenge to my friends, I feel like a lightning bolt for God. You're never going to get to him unless you ask in prayer & petition.

I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling;1 Timothy 2:8

Remember what PRAYER and FAITH can do this week.

Give freely, receive freely, love freely and pray freely to the one who created your very being.






1 comment:

R5catechumen said...

Hi Kate,

Hi Kate!

I came across your blog via Olivia W.'s blog with OHH. I was so encouraged to hear about your trip last fall. It is amazing to hear what is on your heart regarding serving the Lord in Africa. I was also encouraged to hear that you met the child that you are sponsoring and that child was directly benefiting from your gifts. It really validates a ministry when someone can visit and come back home and tell about it.

In every season of a Christian's life, we are able to serve in such a different way. It is fabulous to read that you are taking advantage of this season in your life. It is an irreplaceable time.

Love,
Susan Garza